Jason Hastings is the owner of Hastings Law. He is licensed to practice in Minnesota and North Dakota, for all state and federal courts. Jason Hastings was born in Carrington, ND and grew up in Wishek, ND. He is married to Kristi Hastings and has two children, Ava and Dane. When away from the office, Jason’s enjoys camping, backpacking, and traveling with his family.
Jason completed his undergraduate education at the University of Mary, in Bismarck, ND, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in English. Jason received his Juris Doctorate Degree the University of North Dakota School of Law in Grand Forks, ND in 1999.
Prior to entering Law School Jason obtained his Railroad Conductor’s License and worked for a brief time railroading. Along with various other hard working trades, Jason brings that education to his practice. Jason’s background outside of a classroom provides him with knowledge and an education many of his colleagues never had to earn.
Following law school, Jason worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Thomas P. Schroeder, of the 7th Judicial District, in Detroit Lakes, MN.
- Juris Doctorate, University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, ND (1999)
- Bachelor of Science in English, University of Mary, Bismarck, ND (1996)
- Wishek Public High School, Wishek, ND (1990)
- Minnesota – State and Federal Courts
- North Dakota – State and Federal Courts
- Botnen v. Lukens, 1998 ND 224, 587 N.W.2d 141 (Law clerk to Karen K. Braaten)
- Oster v. Auto Owners Ins. Co., C2-00-201, Minn.App. 2000
- Tolifson v. Subway & Comm. Econ. Security, C8-01-1024, Minn.App. 2001
- Montella v. City of Ottertail, C9-01-593, Minn.App. 2001
- Busko v. Busko, A03-1100, Minn.App. 2004
- Traut v. Traut, A05-1556-, Minn.App. 2006
- State v. Christian, 2011 ND 56, 795 N.W.2d 702
- Hawley Township v. Clay County (zoning dispute)
- Hawley Township v. B.N.S.F. Railroad (ordinance & land dispute)
- City of Wishek v. Walth (zoning dispute)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Otter Tail County Bar Assoc. (President, 2004-2005)
- Lavender Bar Association
- Fergus Falls Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2005-Present)
- Fergus Falls Housing and Redevelopment Authority Board (2004-Present)
- Fergus Falls Dollars for Scholars (President, 2002-2006)
- Fergus Falls Community Youth Partners Board (2001-2005)
- Claire Ann Shover Nursery Preschool Board of Directors (2010-2011)
- Father’s Resource Advisory Board
- Fergus Falls Youth Wrestling Board
- First Lutheran Church, Fergus Falls
- ISD #544 Adopt-A-Class Business Sponsor
- YMCA Youth Football Coach
- Board member to the Fergus Falls Area Habitat for Humanity